Dalk – hello in Wergaia language
My name is Carla Egan and I am a Wotjobaluk woman from Western Victoria living on Wadawurrung country in the Geelong and Surf Coast region of Victoria.
I’m an Indigenous Leadership Coach with over 12 years of coaching experience and qualifications in coaching, mentoring, and facilitation.
My coaching approach is often described as ‘coaching for results’ or ‘performance coaching’. This style has proven to be effective in business and organisational settings who value practical solutions to achieve tangible outcomes, improve productivity and achieve specific objectives.
Leaders across Australia and New Zealand that have engaged my services include:
- Supermarket Retailers – Executives, HR, Store Management
- Insurance – Executive
- Construction – Project Management, Developer Group
- Real Estate – Sales and Property Teams
- Retail Chains – Call Centre Management
- Fashion and Design – Indigenous Business Owners
- Alcoholic Beverages – Employees and Leaders
- Department of Justice – Employees and Indigenous Leaders
- Chamber of Commerce – Indigenous Business Owners, Employees
Some common areas where coaching can add value:
Goal Setting and Accountability
Clarity of goal, brainstorming, plan creation, action plan development, prioritisation.
Performance and Productivity Management
Setting clear goals and expectations, delivery of feedback, conducting performance evaluations, coaching techniques.
Career and Role Transition
From team to leader, changing industries or function, starting a business, moving to a larger organisation, redundancy.
Negotiation techniques and preparation, mediation, emotional management, effective communication skills.
Education and strategies for leading and managing multi-generational teams.
Soft Skill Development
Self-awareness, time management, adaptability, profiling assessment, challenging assumptions, growth mindset development, professional networking, decision making and presentation skills.
Indigenous Coaching and Mentoring
Providing a culturally safe and appropriate space to support Indigenous executives, leaders and individuals.
👉 Are you curious about my coaching approach?
Book a time to interview me and find out more. Here’s the link you need to schedule now:
Beyond my coaching services, here are a few more things to know about me that might be of interest:
- Registered Indigenous Business with Supply Nation
- Member of Kinaway Chamber of Commerce
- Mentor with Indigenous Business Australia
- Mentor with Business in Heels
- Mentor with PwC Indigenous Consulting
- Member of BNI networking group
- Rotary Volunteer
- Founder of The Coaching Directory
“We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home.” Aboriginal Proverb
- +25 year's corporate experience
- +12 years's coaching and mentoring experience
- Masters in Business Administration (Executive)
- Masters in Coaching from The Coaching Institute
- Member of The International Coaching Guild
- Member of Supply Nation
- Accredited Extended Disc® Consultant
- Certified Facilitator
- Various leadership, team and management courses
- Current National Police Check
- Current Working with Children Check
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.